One year ago…
It’s hard to believe that an entire year has passed since we joined forces with Munich Re Life US. As one of the leading life reinsurers in the United States, Munich Re partners with life insurers to leverage smart and connected data, embrace new ideas and technologies, make confident decisions at speed and scale, and gain an exponential understanding of underlying risks.
Adding Clareto EHR+, the largest interoperability network purpose-built for risk assessment, to the equation was a no-brainer:
“The union of Munich Re and Clareto is a natural fit,” said Dave Dorans, CEO, of Clareto. “As the availability of EHR data grows, we see a significant opportunity to combine Munich Re’s capital strength and risk expertise, and Clareto’s access to health data to provide the life insurance industry with a comprehensive all-in-one solution. We look forward to leveraging our collective capabilities to drive innovation and power progress in the modernization of life insurance underwriting.”
Where are we now?
At this week’s AHOU meeting, Munich Re will be showcasing Clareto alongside alitheia and ALLFINANZ to demonstrate how each solution can help life insurers transform risk assessment for new dimensions of life and health insurability – and the powerful integrated solutions they create when paired together.
These next-generation digital underwriting solutions bring together the best of Munich Re’s capabilities to provide life insurers with a comprehensive and unmatched approach to risk assessment:
- Digital health data from our expansive EHR+ network covering ~70% of the US population.
- Industry-leading expertise from underwriters, actuaries, and data scientists.
- Advanced technologies covering the full continuum from traditional underwriting to instant decisioning.
- Risk-sharing capacity that enables life insurers utilizing these solutions to grow their business with confidence.
Where you fit in.
We’re always looking to grow our EHR+ network by adding new EHR, HIE, and other health data partners. By connecting to our network, healthcare organizations can realize the following benefits:
- Reduce the administrative burden of processing medical record requests from life insurers.
- Get reimbursed on a per case basis (this is generally not the case for alternative approaches that rely on patient portals and individual access services).
- Help patients obtain financial protection for their families (according to LIMRA, 42% of American families would face financial hardship within 6 months of the primary wage earner’s death).
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about Clareto and opportunities to join our EHR+ network.
(And of course, we’d like to thank all our existing health data partners – we couldn’t do our work without you.)